A snow-white smile is a sign of success and reputability. But what if mother-nature hasn’t given you such a dignity? Use to whitening your teeth!
The main ingredient is hydrogen peroxide gel. Under the influence of a special light bulb, oxygen is released from the active ingredient, which breaks down the dark pigment of the tooth.
The duration of the procedure depends on the expected effect and the original color of the patient’s teeth. As a rule, this whitening takes 15-30 minutes. If necessary, the procedure can be repeated. Often, after photo-bleaching, a strengthening gel with calcium and fluoride is applied to the enamel.
- Quick and obvious effect;
- Suitable even for people with sensitive enamel;
- More affordable price than other hardware methods;
- The procedure is painless and, if properly performed, relatively harmless.
- Low efficiency, especially with very yellow teeth (so-called tetracycline teeth).
- Failure to comply with the installation instructions may result in overheating of the slurry under the influence of a lamp, in which case the tooth will die.
This method is similar to the previous one. But when photo-bleaching, scattered light is used, and in this case, a focused laser beam is used, which affects each tooth individually for 1.5-2 minutes.
Enamel brightening is not only due to hydrogen peroxide but also due to the ability of the laser itself to break down dark pigments. With this method, it is possible to whiten all teeth in one session, which lasts about an hour.
- High efficiency: depending on the operating mode, the laser is able to lighten the enamel by several tones at once;
- Laser whitening is allowed to be done with caries, as well as on the teeth devoid of nerves, which are known to become darker with time.
- The durability of the result (if you do not abuse coffee and cigarettes);
- Not only does it not hurt your teeth, but it even strengthens the enamel. In addition, laser radiation has an antibacterial effect, which means it protects teeth from dental caries.
Disadvantages: high price.
The most gentle method. The time of peroxide exposure to teeth is only 12 minutes.
- Suitable for people even with very sensitive tooth enamel;
- Absolute painlessness: no heating or traumatizing of dental tissues during the session, so neither before nor during or after the procedure the patient feels unpleasant;
- The durability of the result: tooth whitening occurs from the inside, so the result with proper dental care remains for life.
Disadvantages: less effective than laser whitening.